Here is a list of some odd places and situations in which I’ve recently found myself lycra-clad.
For easy visualisation (which I think is what you’ll all be after) I’ve marked which were surreptitious (i.e. concealed under real clothes) and which were blatant (i.e. very little of me concealed at all).
- In a meeting with a BBC Editor at White City (surreptitious)
- Dinner date where I forgot to bring any trousers (blatant – though not too bad once my legs were under the table)
- Three separate job interviews (both)
- Pitching my rickshaw idea to Special Olympics GB (surreptitious – and I managed to change in the loos halfway through)
- All night long whilst freezing my ass off in Norway
- Discussing big plans over tea with Sarah Outen (surreptitious)
- At a Saturday evening carvery, splattered in mud fresh from the trail (blatant)
- All day at work on the more than one occasion that I forgot a change of underwear (surreptitious)
Anyone else get caught out in the shiny stuff?