If you accept the grant money then the only things we ask are:
- Write a blog post for this website
- Send me some photos that I can use
- Write a ‘thank you’ note for the people who paid for your grant
- Include a link to The Next Challenge Grant page on your website (if you have one)
- Must be original (i.e. not already posted elsewhere)
- Should be written within one month of your return
Thank You note
- A sentence or two to say ‘thanks’ to the people that paid for your grant
- Just send it over with your blog post after your trip
- It will be sent to the donors along with a link to your article on my website
Geting the money
- Let me know when you need the money (e.g. a month before your trip or when you need to pay for something upfront)
- Money can be sent to UK bank accounts in pounds sterling (GBP) or to a PayPal account in any currency
- Bank accounts: send me your bank account number, sort code and the name of your bank
- PayPal: send me the email address for your account and the currency you’d like (there’s sometimes a small fee for conversion which will be subtracted from your award)
- If you’ve been offered any sponsored equipment as part of your grant then you should liaise directly with whoever is offering it
- If you have any problems then let me know
If your plans change
- Expeditions are complicated and so is life. I understand that plans may change. That’s OK but please just let me know as soon as possible.
If you cancel your trip
- If you cancel your trip before departure then let me know as soon as possible. If you’ve already received the money then you will need to send it back so I can fund someone else’s adventure next year.
- If your trip is cut short for whatever reason then just let me know when you’re back home and safe.
I’d like to announce the winners on my website as soon as possible but need a little information from you first. Could you send the following by the end of the week?
- your age, nationality/where you live, occupation (if you’re happy for me to publish them e.g. Jane, 37, from Australia)
- a photograph of yourself
- a couple of sentences about your trip and/or your response to the news