A 1,000 mile cycle home from an expedition in the Norwegian Arctic
Bob and I headed south for 1000 miles from the top of Norway on our greatest adventure together yet through Finland and Sweden. I had never been on a long bicycle journey like this before, nor had I travelled alone for so long either. It was a very simple trip that stands out amongst all of my adventures as one of the most memorable.
Diaries from the Saddle
- The Struggle – Waking up sick in the middle of a forest, miles from town
- Read about the BSES expedition I was on prior to cycling home
- Read the full trip report (displayed below)
Anecdotes from this trip also feature in the following posts:
- Wild Swims and Mild Whims
- Why I Wish I Had More Money (but am glad that I don’t)
- I Write Frequently of Cycling
- Top 10 Expedition Dramas
- How Times Change
- 8 Strange Situations in Which I’ve Found Myself Wearing Lycra
- Top 10 Expedition Highs (and Lows)
- End of an Adventure?
This is the report I wrote shortly after I got back: