I don’t usually schedule blog posts for a Saturday but I think we can make an exception for those of you online today.
Below are two small treats for Christmas. First up, a couple of my favourite ever feats. The ones that are so mad that each time I say them out loud, they make me question whether I’ve got my facts right (I have).
Second, a fine example of the festive spirit. Best with sound.
- A 70-year-old man has swum 1.5 miles in handcuffs and shackles towing 70 boats with 70 people onboard
- A man has run the 874 miles from Lands End to John O’Groats is 9 days and 2 hours
- A man has cycled the 874 miles from Lands End to John O’Groats in 44 hours
- A man has swum the Amazon river (the Danube, the Mississippi, the Yangtze…)
- Men and women (at last!) have rowed across oceans without GPS, life rafts, any communications or the ability to make water