A collection of my best articles from a decade in expeditions.
‘How To’ Guides
Detailed ‘How To’ articles and Beginner’s Guides.
The above articles are short extracts from my book: ‘How to Get to the North Pole: and Other Iconic Adventures‘.
Expert adventurers share their top ten tips.
10 Tips for Improving Cold Water Tolerance by Tim Moss
Got some top tips of your own to share? Get in touch.
Arguments on topics of adventure.
Top Opinion Articles
Articles encouraging you to grab a hold of life and live a little more adventurously.
Top Motivation Articles
Articles written by other people for The Next Challenge.
Top Guest Blogs
- Angry Young Man – Julian Sayarer
- Swimming: The Next Step in Adventure – Dan Martin (ABC)
- Adventure from the Front Door – James Bowthorpe
- Asi Es La Vida – Andy Ruck (excerpt from the book)
- Do It For Yourself (but not on your own) – Julie Abrams-Humphries
- Long Summer Days – Rob Cousins
- Life in the Fast Lane – Alastair Humphreys
- How to Have an Adventure Every Day – Laura Tomlinson
- Frequently Used Excuse: I Have No Money – Lee Hughes
- A New Year’s Message From – Dave Cornthwaite (ABC)
- Planning a River Expedition – Mark Kalch (ABC)
- Something a Little Unknown – Francis Charlesworth
- My Next Challenge: Walking to Work – Ewan Laurie
- The Land of the Midnight Sun – Lucy Bound
- A Little Adventure – Ben Wade
Several articles above come from the Adventurer’s Blogging Chain
You can find more Guest Blogs under the ’10 Tips’ Articles above.
Tales of adventure from my expeditions. Includes some of my proudest pieces*.
That contrasting feeling of simultaneous inspiration and frustration with the world.
If TV gives the impression that expeditions are for the elite only then think again.
The expedition may be winding down but it ain’t over ’til it’s over.
A simple bike ride through Richmond Park becomes a race to the death.
My bicycle rickshaw and I take on the world.
Reminiscing about the horrible, wonderful things that you do on expedition.
An attempt to express who I am and where I feel at ease.
Why I ran the length of every London Underground train line.
A poem of thanks to all who have read this website and helped me on my way.
Accounts from my Adventures
I pitched my tent on a deserted island beach, drove off then came back at night…
A British day out, swimming in the River Thames.
Fighting against heat, nausea and perpetual wind on the Patagonian steppe.
My first foray ends with digging my car out of the sand using Tupperware.
A unique Xmas pedalling 90-miles around a desert island in the Gulf.
With finances at an all-time low, I set out to have an adventure on a budget.
Skiing touring in Svalbard at -20C. Published in Adventure Travel Magazine.
Check out my Resources page for collections on specific topics
Enjoy those articles?
Join my newsletter to get the latest ones emailed directly to your inbox.
And receive a free copy of my ebook: How to Cross a Desert.
How to Get to the North Pole:
and Other Iconic Adventures
- Top 10 Best Seller on Amazon’s Discory & Exploration
- “Highly recommended” – Adventure Travel Magazine
- Foreword by Sir Ranulph Fiennes
- Endorsed by Bear Grylls
- 100% five-star reader rating