As of 9am this morning, we are on our way to Russia and the shores of Lake Baikal.
We will spend two weeks in Siberia, crossing the frozen surface of Lake Baikal on foot, camping on the ice. You can read the full details of what we are planning here.
Our itinerary is below along with a live feed of our updates from the field.
Wish us luck!
- Fri 17 – Fly (Zurich, Moscow, Irkutsk)
- Sat 18 – Day in Irkutsk buying supplies
- Sun 19 – Travel to Olkhon Island
- Mon 20 – Sort kit, step onto lake
- Tues 21 – On the lake
- Wed 22 – On the lake
- Thu 23 – On the lake
- Fri 24 – On the lake
- Sat 25 – On the lake
- Sun 26 – Return to Olkhon Island
- Mon 27 – Travel back to Irkutsk
- Tues 28 – Board the Trans-Siberia Railway
- Wed 29 – Trans-Siberian
- Thu 30 – Trans-Siberian
- Fri 31 – Arrive Moscow
- Sat 1 – Day in Moscow
- Sun 2 – Fly home, tea, medals
Following our progress
We will post updates on Twitter whenever possible. We may have phone signal at times on the lake but, failing that, will post news before and after we’re on the ice.
If you can’t see our Twitter feeds below then click here.
Education Through Expeditions (ETE) – for the Snowsled pulk harnesses
Dave, Dave and Steve – for all the loaned climbing kit