Last year, Laura and I ran the length of every Tube line in London from start to finish. However, many lines on the London Underground have more than one branch which means that there are several sections which we have yet to run.
Now that we’re back from a brief hiatus in the Gulf, and with my arm in plaster meaning Thames swims are on hold for a while, we’re going to finish off what we started.
By our reckoning, there are eight branches that we have yet to run (distances are very rough):
- Northern: Edgware – Kennington (via Waterloo) ~13 miles
- Central: Leytonstone – Woodford (via Grange Hill) ~10 miles
- Central: Ealing Broadway – North Acton ~2 miles
- District: Ealing Broadway – Turnham Green ~3 miles
- District: Edgware Road – Wimbledon ~9 miles
- Metropolitan: Harrow on the Hill – Watford, Chesham, Amersham ~28 miles
- Piccadilly: Acton Town – Uxbridge ~10 miles
- Piccadilly: Heathrow terminals loop
We’ll largely be doing these in the evenings after work. I’ll try to announce them on Twitter a few days beforehand if you’d like to join us.
P.S. Don’t forget to follow Steve Wright’s progress. He’s well on his way to being the first person to run between all the stations.